View Single Post
Old March 31, 2013, 04:29 PM   #24
Rigmarol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 29, 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 342
Agreed Salvador, Lead isn't the poison some thing it is.
Lead has to be ingested over time or in large quantities to hurt humans.
Babies and developing children can be severely affected again if the lead is ingested. (eating lead based paint chips for example, sucking on toys painted with same.)

Lead has no vapors until it gets to boiling temp which my Lee pot is incapable of doing.

There are lots of guys who say they have burned batteries for the lead without suffering any harm but I don't feel comfy doing it.

Use gloves to protect from hot splatters but handling lead is safe, just wash your hands with soap and water before eating, smoking, picking up children etc.

Again, common sense.
Rigmarol is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.05153 seconds with 7 queries