View Single Post
Old March 29, 2013, 02:16 PM   #29
Scottish Highlander

Ok , after being at work all day and coming home to so many replies....well thanks everyone for your input.

Clearly I have a lot to learn!!!!

I should have been a bit more clearer on my question. I know the 7.62 is a 30 cal round but I was looking for a faster flatter trajectory with a little bit more punch. With the 308 I used to use 125 grain shop bought but I have now moved up to 150 grain reloads to try longer shots. On a normal day stalking your dealing with wind in Scotland so the heavier round helps.

The Tikka t3 is a good rifle and I love it. I'm not saying I don't but I have an itch to buy an addition to the family

My father has a 270 already so that wasn't really my fancy. The furthest shot I have taken with the 308 is about 200 yards. A lot of people on this thread have said the Tikka is a top rifle....have I been spoiled by buying the best there is already .....

I have a classic Schmit and Bender on my rifle 8x56. Maybe up grading the scope would help....I'm not sure that's why I'm here asking if I'm honest. Any advice is much appreciated

Page generated in 0.04410 seconds with 7 queries