Thread: AR15 vs. AK47
View Single Post
Old March 27, 2013, 08:23 PM   #69
Justice06RR

Quote:
I will offer a challenge to any AK user. Bring your Ak and 500 rounds, I'll bet I'll get more rounds on a man size target at 100 yards faster and without malfunctions with my Un modified AR.

This an open challenge to any AK user.
This is agreat challenge Kraig.

I would just be careful if a hardcore AK guy challenges you to bring your AR to a challenge involving lots mud, sand, and no lube/maintenance for 1k+ rounds... with steel cased ammo.

I have been a big AR15 guy for a while and love that weapon system. Great ergo's, versatility, and accuracy. But even I can even understand the limitations of each system. I've recently just gotten into the world of AK's and also respect that platform.

The way I see it, they are Different tools that both offer great advantages (and some minor disadvantages).

edit:
HK, you make some great points too. But IMO there's nothing wrong with choosing an AK for SHTF scenario as much as an AR. I really have not had trouble stocking up on 7.62 ammo at all; its even available locally now in my LGS while I still cannot find 223 ammo anywhere in stock except online.

Weight is a personal issue. Of course 7.62 is heavier per round, but I would admit its also heavier hitting than a 5.56. Each caliber has its pro's and con's so choose your battles wisely, so to speak. If you prefer a lighter load-out then the 5.56/223 would be the better choice. But I really don't have an issue carrying the same amount of 7.62 if it came to that. A smaller/weaker person might be better off with 5.56.

I was really biased before against AK's and only loved AR's. But after doing some research on AK's and shooting them, I can see their appeal.

Last edited by Justice06RR; March 27, 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.04174 seconds with 7 queries