View Single Post
Old March 27, 2013, 08:19 AM   #94
db4570

Quote:
As you get more comfortable carrying, you may eventually decide to carry with a round chambered, and that's fine. But if that happens, just make the switch and stick with it. Do not carry with a round chambered some times, and without any round chambered at other times. Carrying with a round chambered carries certain risks. Carring without a round chambered carries different risks. Switching back and forth, well, kinda carries the risks of both kinds of carry.
My thoughts exactly, Spats. With this in mind, I originally started looking for a gun with the exact operation as mt Beretta 92. I found a sweet S&W CS9 that works exactly the same: SA/DA, de-cocking safety flips up to fire. Only difference in operation was no exposed hammer for cocking (which I may change) and it has a mag safety. But I liked the fact that all of the basic operation is the same.

But it's bigger and heavier than what I want to carry, which led me to falling in love with the Ruger LCP, which operates completely differently. I don't like the idea of switching back and forth between pistols with different operation, but I suppose people do it all the time.

I had looked at a Bersa Thunder 380, but it was a little too big. I tried to get my hands on a Bersa 380 CC, but am thinking it will still be significantly larger than what I want. I even thought about a PPK, because they are a bit smaller than the Bersas, but they're heavy. I liked these alternatives because they too had the same operation as the Beretta 92. But once I carried the LCP around for a while, I am completely spoiled because it's so tiny.

I am now debating how to carry the 92 and the CS9 when I do. I currently carry them chambered and on safe, but am wondering if they, too should be unchambered for consistency with the LCP.

Things were a lot easier with wheel-guns!

David

Page generated in 0.05007 seconds with 7 queries