Thread: What To Ask
View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 04:08 PM   #8
roberg I think makes some good points. In relation to my own skill level--I've got a wealth of irrelevant technical knowledge (hey guys did you know the gauge number of a shot gun is determined by the multiplicative inverse of the weight in fractions of a pound of a lead sphere with the same diameter?) and limited shooting experience. My father was an Infantry Captain (anyone else enjoying a Legacy USAA membership?) and decided he'd had enough of firearms for his tastes and so the only guns I grew up around were non-working replicas my grandfather built from kits.

I purchased my first pistol in early 2012 and I have a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 and I've shot probably 500rds. Maybe a another hundred or two on times when I've gone to the range with a friend who lives out of state (much to my dismay since he's a retired Sheriff's Deputy and would give me a ton of free tips).

Let me also say that I'm really sad you aren't the instructor here, Archie. Can I convince you to move and possibly change careers?
Your 9mm could, and in all likelihood will expand. But my .45 will never get any smaller.
Page generated in 0.03408 seconds with 7 queries