Welcome to TFL, dhodges!
I'm going to give you the same kind of advice that I give on all of these "help me with my legal predicament threads." It is as follows:
- You need a lawyer.
- You need a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction.
- You need a lawyer, licensed in your jurisdiction, who is versed in federal and state gun laws.
- In your case, you need to ask about "expungement," and "restoration of gun rights."
- In the event that you are, in fact, a prohibited person, possession of firearms by you is a federal crime under 18 USC 922. It may also be a crime under state law.
- What you do not need is to be posting details about your case on an internet forum.
- You have no way of verifying the credentials of anyone here, no matter how well-meaning we may be.
- What you tell your lawyer is confidential.
- What you post here is not.
Ordinarily, I would lock your thread, but you have some questions that others may be able to answer without adverse effect. Such questions include:
How can i find out why was denied?
Best of luck,
A gunfight is not the time to learn new skills.
If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman
Last edited by Spats McGee; March 26, 2013 at 05:58 AM.