View Single Post
Old March 25, 2013, 12:41 PM   #76
Patriot86

I will be flamed for this but let me start off by saying I am NOT a glock fan boy.

The 1911 might be the "Iconic" American gun, but if you are just looking at it from a standpoint of what gun you are most likely to see on a day to day basis TODAY it would be the Glock.
If you look at what gun everyone from LEO agencies, to Gov't agents, to your average Joe own and own a lot of it would be the Glock.

For better or worse the Glock is reliable, accurate enough, ergonomic enough and overall INEXPENSIVE. You can find a glock to suit whatever needs you have from 9MM all the way up to 10MM or 357 SIG. The only thing they don't make (in this country) yet are 380 and 22LR Glock's.

Its weird to say but in the era where the American Oil Company was purchased by BRITISH Petroleum and Chrystler owns Daimler/Benz , the Glock has become “Americas Sidearm”

It will be interesting to see what if anything the Military ever replaces the M9 with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of Striker Fired "Glock Like" firearm in 40 S&W or 45 ACP.

Page generated in 0.04389 seconds with 7 queries