View Single Post
Old March 25, 2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Magnum Wheel Man

again... I understand the "right" thing... but along with that "right" comes a level of responsibility... & if the state or government say's you should take a class to exercise that "right"... those students aught to fully understand gun safety, & the responsibilities that go along with it, by the end of their class...

just because "Johnny B" turns 18, & has never handled a gun in his life, ( other than in his video games ) decides to get one & carry it, doesn't mean he knows not to point it at something he doesn't intend to shoot, doesn't know not to put his finger on the trigger, etc... ( insert any gun safety rule )

times have changed... some of that may even have been taught in school, long ago... & when I grew up around here, Firearms safety class was a "right of passage" when you turned 12... the way the school systems are today, the enrolment of firearms safety classes is down for young people, & there are so many new shooters... ( ever read the newbies at the range threads )

I guess I just think if we really want accidental gun injuries down, we as the firearms community, need to work are educating better than we are currently...

OK... flame suit on again...

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 7 queries