View Single Post
Old March 25, 2013, 05:56 AM   #5
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

I am in the get training camp. That knife is to big for good close quarter combat using the offhand unless she is extraordinarily strong and ambidextrous. At least 4" but not more than 5" of blade would be handier and easier to keep control of and harder for a bad guy to try and take from her, a dagger would be good for this use.

Grew up playing rough and learned to stick fight along the way so my Maglight flashlight held FBI style works for me. I have the bright light in the eyes effect and a heavy sturdy noggin busting club to back it up. I am primarily a one handed shooter myself and see little problem with that as long as she continues to practice that way but I would encourage her to train with weakhand shooting too, you never know if your dominate arm will be available when its time to shoot.

Just dos centavos from a dinosaur.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.05067 seconds with 7 queries