View Single Post
Old March 23, 2013, 12:45 AM   #13
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Agree with the gun probably not a good fit, Getting to a good stock maker and getting her fit for a proper stock could cost some sheckles but it would fit her perfectly. On the other hand $700 would get you a Remington 1187 semi auto Sportsman compact youth gun in 20 gauge with a mod choke and 21" barrel. Maybe not as good for upland bird hunting or busting ducks but it would be good for the home defense scenario and a great small game getter. Semi-auto's are just easier on the shooter.

I use a similar gun for HD, turkey hunting and a back up deer gun. Mine has hi viz rifle sights on it which makes it perfect for me for those uses but you could also mount a scope mount on it easily for minimal cost and put a low power scope on it. I use a 2.5X20 on my other gun and it works like a champ. Slugs or birdshot I shoot to point of aim with one setting on my scope and the same holds true for the gun with the rifle sights.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.04258 seconds with 7 queries