View Single Post
Old March 22, 2013, 08:27 PM   #5
valleyforge.1777

I have the 2.5x magnifiers that LaRue was selling a few years back. They called them the "po'boy special" or something like that. They are Hensoldt (spelling?) bazooka sighting scopes that have had the ranging reticle removed and they were re-purged with nitrogen. The glass is acceptable, but not perfect and the magnification is a little weak for what I want. I'd like a 3x instead. I use mine in a LaRue pivot mount behind an Aimpoint CompM4 red dot sight. For 25 and 50 yards, I flip the magnifier to the side and then for 100 yards I use the magnifier. Like I said, I'd like a 3x (or more) instead of this 2.5x, particularly with better glass (i.e., better optics) than what this one has. I have not seen the Aimpoint, EoTech, Vortex, or Burris magnifiers in person, so can't say they are better, but I am guessing they all are better than what I've got. Having said that, I'd never take the 2.5x off my rifle (unless I could get one of those better ones). Lots of people say they don't think the magnifiers are needed. Maybe that's true for THEM, but certainly not true for ME.

Page generated in 0.04577 seconds with 7 queries