Here's what I use in the car/gun comparison:
If we treated guns like cars:
- there would be no minimum age to own one;
- there would be no background check to purchase for a dealer;
- there would be no disqualifying events from ownership;
- there would be no need for a license, as long as I didn't shoot on public land;
- a license would be valid in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
Still sound like a good idea?
I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. If you need some honest-to-goodness legal advice, go buy some.