View Single Post
Old March 19, 2013, 09:03 AM   #8
Spats McGee
Staff

This whole "a good shoot is a good shoot" business is hogwash. The reality of a SD shooting is that "a good shoot may be a good shoot, or it may be a good shoot after the police, the prosecuting attorney, the judge, and a jury, or maybe several, decide that it is a good shoot." If one doesn't take possible jury perception into account, then one has looked at an imcomplete picture of the legal landscape.

With that said, I am unaware of any law in my State (Arkansas) that would prohibit me from using a suppressor in a car gun. I do not know what the laws of the OPs State say on the matter, though. I also must admit to not having researched the laws on the federal level, but I'm unaware of any federal law that would prohibit concealing or carrying in a vehicle a suppressed firearm, presuming that all of the legal niceties (tax stamp, etc) are met.

OP, take a look at your own State laws or consult an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction and familiar with NFA laws. Those are your best options. Consulting a bunch of well-meaning, but ultimately unlicensed, individuals whose credentials and knowledge you really cannot verify is not the best move in light of the possible penalties that could be involved.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Page generated in 0.04618 seconds with 7 queries