View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 04:49 PM   #107
Nanuk

New frontier,

I stated earlier in the thread that I competed in CAS for several years so I know how that game works and even a 1911 beats the socks off of a SAA for those 5 shots unless you shoot it like Bob Munden. What if you miss? I train and prepare for my worst nightmare scenario, that means preparing for multiple determined adversaries. To prepare for the guy who is scared off by your magic talisman is setting yourself up for failure.

You say Glocks are useless off the street, there are many people who successfully hunt with Glocks chambered in 10mm and wildcat's such as the 460 Rowland.

There is no appreciable design improvements in semi auto's since the late 1800's? Just look at the changes to the 1911 design since then.

The percussion cap was invented in 1842 and the first metallic cartridge in 1845 which were rimfire's followed by Boxer primers in 1867.

To survive and thrive we must adapt to our changing environment. Charles Darwin had this to say about the subject:

Quote:
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.
I understand your love for single action six guns, I love them too, I own 4. So can you make faster hits with your 1911 or your hogleg?

You mentioned mindset, that is the single most critical aspect to self defense. The tool you use is insignificant without the proper mindset to win the fight. By that I mean once the fight cannot be avoided or the situation deescalated I am going to engage and destroy my opponent, to do less put my life at more jeopardy.

Page generated in 0.06278 seconds with 7 queries