View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 11:58 AM   #104
Nanuk

Quote:
The technology you speak of is 30yrs behind the DA and about as much behind the automatic.
Only if you count the first designs. By your logic Metallic cartridges are just a little newer than cap and ball, so why not carry a 36 Navy?

Quote:
It's all old technology, not much new under the sun in the last 100yrs.
you are wrong there, There are new innovations every day, Glocks are 25 years old.

Quote:
Like I said, I don't carry a reload anyway, no matter what I'm carrying.
That is your decision.

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from, I really do. But I'm not a cop and a civilian doesn't carry for the same purposes as law enforcement.
You are mistaken there, The same reason-Last ditch self defense. It is only some of the situations may be different.

Quote:
My primary carry weapons are an Officer's length Kimber .45 and a S&W Bodyguard .380, because they're easier to conceal. I only carry my sixguns in cool weather, when the mood strikes.
Nothing wrong with that. What I keep saying is carrying is a commitment, I carried the same gun concealed that I carried in uniform. Now I carry a Glock or a revolver, but I always carry 2 reloads minimum, maybe more depending on where I am going and what I am doing. There are fights you can avoid and there are fights you cannot avoid. I always carry a gun that has the best chance for me to dominate the fight and win.

For an eye opener, go shoot a local IDPA match with a single action revolver, there is a reason the old gunfighters carried 3 or 4 revolvers.

Page generated in 0.05321 seconds with 7 queries