View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Evad

Getting closer with my Savage 12 LRP

Hey guys! I just got my hands on a Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor a couple weeks ago, and the project is coming along quite nicely. I went to Ken Farrell's website and ordered a 20 moa base, matched with a set of rings, guaranteed to have a tolerance twice as tight as if I were to order them separately. Pretty nice considering that Farrell has pretty strict tolerances to begin with. On monday I will have a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 SFP. I'm gonna be really proud of this rig when I get it together. The HS Precision stock is great, I've never had a rifle that has felt so solid. It's a heavy bugger, but I won't be carrying it for any long distances, so I think the weight is a plus. The target trigger is something I'm definitely going to have to get used to, considering it breaks between 6 and 10 oz, and the next most sensitive trigger I've been behind measured at about 2.5lbs. Overall, without having actually fired it yet, I can't find a single thing I don't like about it. All the mechanicals on it feel very positive and move smoothly. I'll get pics up when it's not naked. One question I wanted to put out there: Do you guys think I should bed the base to the action? This is my first long-range project, so the gun will definitely shoot better than me for a few years. I was just wondering if I'm even going to notice the nominal difference that bedding will make.

Page generated in 0.05487 seconds with 7 queries