theres a lot of things to take into account.
1. are you talking about just plain jane 1903 or are 1903A3s in the frey?
2. if not then the M1 gets the nod for better sights, if not then it's a bit of a wash.
3. excluding low number serials, the springfield can handle heavy loads, doesn't matter what burn rate of powder you use.
4. add the ability of hot loads with bolt action over semi velocity gains and the springfield gets the nod for better range.
5. M1s harder to get, more collectable in original condition.
6. well I can't think of a 6th bullet point but yeah that spells springfield for me...
ignore my complete lack of capitalization. I still have no problem correcting your grammar.
I never said half the crap people said I did-Albert Einstein
You can't believe everything you read on the internet-Benjamin Franklin
Bean counters told me I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair, did it anyway. Ramps are expensive.-Cave Johnson.