View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 11:31 PM   #97
OJ

It seems my life was backward - first gun of my own the .22 rifle - didn't get a BB gun until after my Korean War service. I had owned (still do) a Winchester 04, .410 and 16 DB shotguns, a couple of 45-70 rifles and .410 pistol - gift from one of dad's friends - had to register it the following year - most expensive gift I've ever received.

Great for an 8 year old boy - 12" barrel with no choke single shot - effective range not over 20 yards and not easily concealable- ATF thinks it is in the same class as a Tommy gun - wait - they have reclassified it as a "Curio & Relic* but won't take it off the list and if one is found to have an unregistered one, the fine is $10,000 - plus, there is no way to register one now even though there are several revolvers that shoot .410 shells on the market that have much shorter barrels - don't require registration because they have rifling in the barrels.

In contrast, one can buy a Tommy Gun - though it is expensive - but the are registrable.

This is the land of the free??? and nationally as well as in Colorado - efforts are being considered by legislative bodies to severely infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights when they could - and should be solving real problems.
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Last edited by OJ; March 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.04497 seconds with 7 queries