View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 12:37 PM   #8
jp_over

On the AK bit, check out this forum:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com

Excellent source of hunting, fishing, outdoors info. We just got back from a tour at Fort Richardson this past year so if you have any specific questions let me know.

Also, be aware that if you're out and about hunting or fishing, a bear-suitable weapon is advised (lots of info out there but I went with 12 gauge hard cast slugs and/or a S&W 460V magnum with bonded ammo).

Joe

Quote:
First off - thanks to all the members of this forum. I have been reading the forum and receiving excellent advice from Firing Line members for so long, I started to feel guilty that I never contributed. So I signed up, figured I would start with this post and fork over my two cents (ok one and a half) on any topics I have useful knowledge on. Alas, this will probably limit my postings.....

Question:

I am looking at the TC Venture combo in WS 308. Seems like a very solid gun, durable, and reasonably priced. I like the feel and have two TC muzzle loaders which I absolutely love and shoot sub moa groups at 100 yards. Sorry Savage guys and gals, I know they drive pin holes on top of pinholes - just cant get over the feeling that I am holding one of my boys nerf guns...

I have seen a few forum posts. Mostly positive but one VERY negative. Any thoughts from the forum on TC Venture now that we are (1) year removed from the TC Venture sear recall (2) year plus into the SW buy out of TC.

I am also moving the family up to Alaska this year so would LOVE any advice on the great hunting opportunities i may encounter. God Bless and again, thanks.

“God grant that men of principle shall be our principal men.” – Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.05004 seconds with 7 queries