View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 02:00 AM   #7
rfxcasey

Nice to meet you all. I'm sure I'll be doing lots of searches and asking several questions.

The only thing I'd like to add to my story was the fact that the Zastava AK pap was only legal with a 10 rd mag. As I'm sure most of you know a conversion to take standard AK mags is possible but requires several US parts on the gun and could probably get a bit complicated and expensive, hence my opting out on that deal.

As far as getting what I wanted goes, well, I'd have really liked to get the same style gun in a mini 30 but figured I had to take what I could get. I've always been a fan of the 7.62 from demonstrations I've seen of its sheer power but believe the 223/5.56 is more accurate in general. I really don't know though to be honest, I have very little gun experience.

As for my newer model mini, I really don't have any experience be it older or newer ones. First impression though, the build quality seems great and the I'm hoping the improvements made in the last few years will have me pleasantly at its accuracy. I'll take some video of my first outing to the range. I don't have anything other then this Winchester 55 grain to test it out with but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by rfxcasey; March 12, 2013 at 02:17 AM.

Page generated in 0.04914 seconds with 7 queries