View Single Post
Old March 7, 2013, 10:51 PM   #7
iraiam

Well, progress anyway. It is pretty much complete but I still have not received my free float A2 fore end kit.

I went ahead and crowned it, threaded it for the flash suppressor and drilled and reamed the new "F" FSB in place, I indexed the flash suppressor so a crush washer is not needed.

I also got rid of one of the annoyances of this rifle, the barrel was HEAVY, it is still a heavy target barrel, but I re-profiled it to something a little more tolerable.

while I was reaming the forward pin hole on the FSB, I noticed that the hole was not quite 90 degrees. At first I thought I made a mistake when I drilled it, but when I finished, the original groove in the barrel was still perfect. I checked the old FSB and found the same crooked taper pin hole.

I have been told that a crush washer behind the flash supressor is absolutely necessary to keep it from coming loose, is there any truth to this? it's very tight and indexed perfectly.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason

Last edited by iraiam; March 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.04490 seconds with 7 queries