View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 08:21 PM   #89
TunnelRat

Quote:
Hold a cocked XD/XDm in a shooting grip and then look at where the cocked status indicator is. Bore axis may not be quite as low as the Glock's, but it looks pretty low compared to DA autoloaders, particularly the SIG/Sauer P-220 which seasoned SIG shooters hardly ever complain about.
I couldn't agree more. I think bore axis is a term that is beaten to death in the gun rags. Is the physical difference between say a SIG and a Glock noticeable in terms of bore axis? Yes. Will a shooter notice that difference in shooting? Possibly, a lot depends on his/her experience. Does that difference make the SIG at an inherent disadvantage? IMHO, no. If someone shoots a SIG better than a Glock, let them shoot the SIG. Now if you're debating models that are all else equal except for bore axis, a situation very hard to find, and the shooter is indifferent in terms of personal preference, then sure bore axis can be a deciding factor. But I can think of a dozen or so factors before bore axis that will likely make even more of a difference.

Page generated in 0.05462 seconds with 7 queries