View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 06:33 PM   #86
jmstr

Quote:
I believe the reason many 1911's have speed bumps is also the reason many of them have front cocking serrations and FLGR's. It's all about the show, not the go. I personally hate a speed bump on 1911 grip safety because I don't like the way it presses into my hand. I find them completely useless, and much prefer the bumpless ones.
I can't agree with you on the 1911 speed bump issue. For me it makes the 1911 better. However, I like arched mainspring housings. With the arched mainspring housing [1911a1 style, not 1911 style of flat] I was occasionally getting a failure to fire with my 1911 unless I gave it a deathgrip, which affected my accuracy.

I swapped out a speed bump style grip safety and the problem disappeared, while leaving the grip safety blocking the trigger enough to be safe. I could have changed the grip safety engagement surface to solve this problem, but then it really wouldn't have been much of a grip safety.

The XD grip safety is a non-issue to me. I can live with it or without it. The detail on the XD that IS an issue for me [and only me: I am not slamming the design, but identifying my personal reason for not caring to own one] is the perceived higher bore axis.

To be simple, the barrel and slide just feel like they sit too high above my hand, for some reason.

Page generated in 0.04366 seconds with 7 queries