View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 08:41 AM   #6
It's Cute:

Friday & Saturday I made the rounds of the gun shops. Friday I hit two in Gillette and Saturday, three in Rapid City.

Powder here, primers there. Over all, good productive trip, not stocking up but keeping up.

Anyway I found some rifle powder at one store, plus some black powder (not many people carry real black powder any more).

I had my goodies piled up on the counter when wife comes up and lays out one of the little Heritage Rough Riders, bird head grip, in 32 H&R Mag.

I says, "what's that"? She says "its cute". I guess "cute" is as good a reason to buy a revolver as any so I buy it for her.

Bought some ammo, box of 32 H&R and some 32 S&W, (little short stuff). Don't have a 32 so no reloading stuff.

So Saturday morning we shot the crap out of that little gun. Shoots good, fairly accurate. Only problem is the brass is a bit sticky ejecting. No problem a little steel wool on a spindle in the drill press cleaned up the cylinder pretty good.

Never had a Heritage revolver before, but I doubt wife will "shoot it out" anyway.

Then Saturday found some Carbide RCBS dies. Another box of bullets to tied us over. (Got brass on order from Midway).

I found I already had a bullet mold, 90 gr RN. Don't know why I had it, but it'll work for this little guy.

Good fun little gun, wife likes it, that's what counts, and besides, its CUTE.

Kraig Stuart
USAMU Sniper School Oct '78
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Page generated in 0.04322 seconds with 7 queries