View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 09:39 AM   #19
Pond, James Pond
The compromise, of course, would be the Astra Constable, single stack .380 acp or a Mak.

The Astra, a blued example, was the first gun I'd seen in a shop that made me stop and gulp. My first ever episode of gun lust. Before that, I'd simply been looking around for a good value purchase for my first gun.

I had rejected it with a heavy heart because it did not fit my needs.
Later I had seen a 232 and it too had taken my breath away.

Still the same problems with the Astra would apply as they did back then: too few spares (although, being a PPK copy, perhaps some spares are interchangeable with the Walther )

That said, side by side, I find the Sig prettier. I think it is the stainless steel thing...
The Mak I have a soft spot for as it is the gun I learnt to shoot on, but it doesn't hold a candle to the other in looks.

There is an Astra and at €225 it is less than half the price of the Sig. Would those saved €€€ make up for the slight decrease in aesthetics? Dunno.

Aside from breakages, though, I don't think I'd ever wear out a pistol, so perhaps the Astra would be a good choice, or would it be the Sig that almost was... hard to say and expensive to find out...

Forlorn rambling again...
You cannot wake someone who is pretending to sleep. Stop pretending. Wake up.
Freedom: Please enjoy responsibly.
Any idea that relies on murder for its survival in intrinsically weak.
Page generated in 0.03528 seconds with 7 queries