View Single Post
Old February 23, 2013, 08:47 PM   #10
GregA

Not all Illinois reps are anti-2nd ammendment

I copied an email correspondence here with state rep re: another issue and conceal carry in Illinois...

Dear Neighbor:

Thank you for writing to advise me of your position on this issue that is vital to protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.

I certainly appreciate having received your input. I want you to know that I have been working on these issues for quite some time. You are correct when you say it is unacceptable for Illinois to be the only state without a conceal and carry law.

As for the proposed legislation, I have taken up the responsibility this session to be a sponsor of this bill and will support its passage. We need to ensure our citizens reasonable self-defense under the law. I support conceal and carry and will vote accordingly should the proposal come before the full House this session.

In regards to SB 1614, Thank you for writing to advise me of your position on this issue that is vital to the prosperity of our state.

I certainly appreciate having received your input. I want you to know that I will keep in mind your position on this issue should this or a similar proposal come before the full House for consideration in the future.

I look forward to hearing from you again with regard to this or any future legislative concern you may have.

Sincerely,

Barbara Wheeler

State Representative

64th District

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Barb Wheeler <wheelsback@aol.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: February 21, 2013, 12:13:54 PM CST
To: <barb@barbarawheeler64.com>
Subject: form submission from Greg A
Reply-To: FatCow Form Processor <FormProcessor@fatcow.com>

Dear Representative Wheeler;

I am a concerned voter. Two recent bills have captured my attention.

Please vote against Senate bill 1614. This is an attempt at censorship. Even the founders wrote newspaper articles and pamphlets expressing their views anonymously. Senator Silverstein is attempting to intimidate those who have a constitutional write to free speech. He is mistaken if he believes thought can be legislated.

Please vote for House bill 0997 - Family and Personal protection act. Again, gun control laws are nothing more than another attempt at disarming law abiding citizens. The bill as written is sound and will give law abiding citizens the means to defend themselves from criminals.

Sincerely,

Page generated in 0.04749 seconds with 7 queries