View Single Post
Old February 23, 2013, 07:25 PM   #70
Glenn E. Meyer
Joe should go to an event like the NTI. I mentioned this before. We had a mystery gun stage. You had to house clear with a double barrel coach gun. The trick was that you were in a hospital like gown to simulate getting out of bed in your PJs or ...

So you had no pockets. You did have a box of shells - bird and slugs mixed. Then you faced a slew of humanoid knock down targets. So manipulating the gun, reloading, trying to distinguish between round type, etc. was quite the stress challenge. One set of targets were at a distance, so you were supposed to figure out which was a slug to load that. Forget it, I just shoveled in what I had and shot away. Not being familiar with the gun, I kept forgetting the safety came on when you reload. There was no hint about that.

Then you faced two down a hall way and guess what a third was on your flank. I butt stroked it in the head. I suppose Jill would be up for that instead of having a full mag of 223.

She's a PhD, IIRC, and can't figure out an AR? Geez.

If you shot a warning shot in the air, you probably would have been DQ'ed with extreme prejudice.
NRA, TSRA, IDPA, NTI, Polite Soc.
Being an Academic Shooter
Being an Active Shooter
Page generated in 0.04466 seconds with 7 queries