settling with S&W
S&W would not forward my gun and their bullet casing to Federal.
S&W would not sell me another gun to replace the broken one unless they had possession of the broke one.
As it took S&W a full 2 months to review this, I am expecting another delay from Federal.
They have succeeded in wearing me down.
I have waited now 10 months for a shield and Spring is on the horizon.
I chose to let S&W keep the gun, to save me from paying for it to be shipped 4 more times at my cost and God knows how long to hear what Federal has to say.
I have a document from Smith acknowledging the issue, plenty of pictures.
It probably isn't enough to get anything back from Federal but I am ready to move on and go shoot some this Spring.
Evil cannot be reduced thru Legislation!