View Single Post
Old February 23, 2013, 08:21 AM   #24
Dwight55

Guilty:

For 40+ years, . . . never did the "dry firing" thing. Held it up, . . . pointed it down range, . . . eyeballed he sights, . . . but never would pull the trigger, . . . was always taught that would damage my weapon.

Fast forward to 3 years or so ago, . . . got a new 1911, . . . can't get any trigger time because of weather, . . . reading on here and other sites about dry firing being OK in newer weapons.

Late one evening (too late and too tired) I'm dry firing at the bad guys on the 30 inch television, . . . show goes off, . . . finish coffee, . . . decide to go to bed.

Looked over at the 1911, . . . it's cocked and locked, . . . better drop that hammer before I go into the bedroom and load it up for night stand duty.

You guessed it, . . . I had already done that, . . . routine?, . . . absent mindedly?, . . . habit?, . . . whatever.

Safety paid off though, . . . when I dropped the hammer, . . . it was pointed at the floor, . . . and a throw rug hides the damage.

Biggest thing hurt was my ego, . . . thank God for multiple layers of training. First level failed, . . . second level minimized damage.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.04417 seconds with 7 queries