View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 11:03 AM   #16
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Pfleuger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDandy
We don't want to take away his gun. We just don't want him taking away OURS. We shouldn't be outgunned by him or the criminals anymore than he should be outgunned by the criminals.
Exactly!

It's not "Why CAN he?" it's "Why CAN'T we?"
Can I get an AMEN?!? The two posts above are dead on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarosadavid
I understand this. My questions to this are; What about the lawyers that help to prosecute them? If the police can maintain arms after assisting the prosecution, what about the prosecuting attorneys? Shouldn't they then be able to maintain firearms? Since we are now going down this route, what about any potential witnesses? Shouldn't they be allowed to protect themselves since they are obvious targets to retaliation? Now we have a jury to contend with. Shouldn't our peers, who take part in the prosecuting process be able to defend themselves? Certainly, even defense attorneys, who were deemed by their client to not be aggressive or protective enough have been targets of retaliation. I hate to coin too many phrases, but slippery slope is pretty appropriate here.
Your concerns are not lost on the legal community, at least in my state. Around here, most of the lawyers involved in the criminal justice system (on either side of the fence) have their CHCLs. Unfortunately, we generally cannot carry in courthouses. Prosecutors can get special permission to carry, but I know of no defense attorney that has gotten permission to carry into the courthouse. What I tell my officers is: You may be the guy that put him in jail, but I'm the guy telling the judge that he needs to stay there for six more months.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Page generated in 0.04234 seconds with 7 queries