View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 09:47 AM   #44
Seaman

"The bad guy might faint at the sight of a hairy calf " [TxFlyFish]

If Darwin had seen my hairy legs he would have claimed he'd found the missing link.

"Good luck getting your ankle carry out quick in an emergency. " [Kreyzhorse]

Done right, ankle draw is very quick, quicker from an equal hands free start than pocket carry. The ankle shooter also has movement working, recall an incident where a cop used his ankle gun successfully when his primary jammed, cop dropped to one knee, perp never got a shot off, ... stress ... tunnel vision.

Prefer a Walther PPK 32 ACP as an EDC BUG. Have tried a snubby on the ankle but a flat semi works better. Have, on occassion carried an S&W M438 38spl in a jacket or loose pant pocket, but it is not a quick draw, ... it is only IF you already have the gun palmed and half way out. However the snubby in the pocket has the great advantage of having the ability to be shot from inside the pocket, and this is clearly a life-saver.

Check your 6.

PS: cannot answer your survey, I do it backwards, semi on ankle (BUG), snubby in pocket.

Page generated in 0.04287 seconds with 7 queries