View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 09:21 PM   #9
Daekar

Ha, guess I didn't give many details, did I? It is an inexpensive Italian version of a long rifle, typical brass fittings, brass curved buttplate, a little door for necessaries in the stock, 45 caliber, octagonal barrel, sidelock percussion cap. It is certainly safe, it's not in THAT bad a condition and it's not that old. I bet it's around 20 years old. I've shot 100 grain loads in it repeatedly, but I can't figure out where the shots go until I drop to a charge closer to 80 grain of 777. I've settled on a 75 grain charge for the time being, on the occasions when I get to shoot it, those pattern about 5" at 25 yards based on the few shots I took the other day.

It's a civilian pattern, but I can't really tell anything about the rifling. It's not as deep as in my centerfire rifles, but it's still there. Well, except in the really bad pitting spots.

Last edited by Daekar; February 21, 2013 at 09:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.04190 seconds with 7 queries