View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Sevens

My guess is that either something was jammed under the ejector star or the ejector rod itself was ever-so-slightly loose, either of which will NOT allow the ejector to sit completely flush -- and will thus not allow the cylinder to be closed.

And when you start looking at the crane, you start to wonder if something got bent or taken "out of shape."

I just went through this with a Model 19. When there's something mucking up the ejector's ability to lay absolutely flush where it belongs, things go to hell in a hand basket.

Let me tell you, I absolutely love revolvers, I've got more than a half dozen of them and I'm far from done buying them. I'm a huge, huge fan. But I'm not in that group of people who believe that revolvers are dead-balls reliable and won't ever stop. There's nothing "simple" about them and the biggest different between a revolver and semi-auto tends to be (in my experience) that when an auto has a mishap, it's a one-second two-hand motion and you are back in business. But when a revolver stops working, it's a trip to the work bench under bright light or a visit to a gunsmith.

And I believe the folks who thing revolvers are end-of-day reliable haven't owned or shot enough revolvers.

Page generated in 0.04241 seconds with 7 queries