View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 07:04 PM   #8
sigcurious

I agree with Peetza, while on the face it seems disturbing a person with a gun pointed at another person is a danger even if without the gun they fall into a stereotypically "non-threatenting" category.

Quote:
However, if something is not amiss at the Federal level, I would think the mass purchases are to deter the civilian population from owning too much ammunition during panics.
Quote:
This is particularly alarming given the fact that the*Department of Homeland Security has purchased roughly 2 billion rounds of ammunition over the course of the last year, enough to wage a near 30 year war...
In regards to these two quotes, please show me where the federal government actually took delivery of 2 billion rounds. They made a purchase contract...to guarantee a fixed price of up to 750 million(IIRC the number correctly), along with a few other purchase contracts and a few actual purchases where delivery was taken. Furthermore, unlike infowars would like you to believe, 2 billion rounds for the entire DHS(take the time to tally the number of agencies and agents) is barely enough to keep them trained for more than a few years and have enough left over for actual duty use.

Quote:
I had been hearing a rumor about DHS buying up all the 5.7x28 but never got a source or reason why but I guess this quote explains it.
That rumor probably has a grain of truth...the secret service is part of DHS. The secret service is also one of the few agencies to field p90s(IIRC the other agencies that do also fall under DHS). But it doesn't make it conspiracy. However, given that as LE they have access to the SS190 round, and it would be odd for them to have to pull from the sporting rounds as unlike most of the other ammo LE uses, the SS190 is only available to mil/LE.

Page generated in 0.04918 seconds with 7 queries