View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Rem "Golden Bullet" .22

After not finding any ammo for a couple months I was pretty excited to find a bunch of bulk .22 at a local General Store. They were selling 525 packs of Remington GB's at $19, which isn't exactly a steal, but was - for around here anyway - a pretty decent price for a general store in the best of times.

So - since I don't know when I'm going to find ammo again, and despite it's reputation - I bought the 7 boxes that they had. 3675 rounds is kind of a lot to buy as a trial run, but most of the local places are gouging the crap out of their prices - if and when they actually have anything. I was also worried that if I didn't buy it all someone else would - which *I know* is how this whole shortage got started in the first place.

Anyway, long story short, it seems to be running through my 22/45 just fine. I've shot maybe a couple hundred without any failures, and if I don't go too crazy I should be set on practice ammo at least through spring. It did shoot a little lower (~2"@25yds) than the Federal Match I was using before, but the group size seems to be pretty comparable (~4"@25yds unsuported is the best I can manage with either of them).

One of the big complaints I hear is that it's dirty, but the silver lining to that cloud is that maybe after cleaning the 22/45 another few dozen times I'll be able to to it easily.

So, I just thought I'd put that out there. For this guy at least, the Golden Bullet seems to work as well as anything else.
si vis pacem para bellum
Page generated in 0.10384 seconds with 7 queries