View Single Post
Old February 19, 2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Madcap_Magician

What job is this for, out of curiousity?

Some good choices, in no order:

Sig Sauer P226 or P229 with the E2 grip mod (All newer Sigs should come with this grip- it is a one-piece grip with no screws that snaps on around the backstrap of the pistol for a smaller grip diameter than the old-style traditional grips.

Beretta 92FS or 92A1. It is a fat gun, but I've known very small female soldiers who had no problem with it. Accurate and easy to shoot, and if you had prior experience with it in the military, it may be something you already know.

Glock 19. You already said this was a decent one. All the Glocks will have the same grip feel to them, with the grip being longer on the full-size Glock 17.

S&W M&P9. Adjustable palm swells that snap over the backstrap to allow you to change the width of the grip. They have a more ergonomic grip than the Glocks, IMHO. Also very soft shooting. I felt that the full-size M&P .40 S&W recoiled like a Glock 19. The 9mm version I have not shot in full-size, only compact, but I would guess it is also very soft shooting.

Springfield Armory XD9 or XDm 9. Also very soft shooting.

The Glock, S&W, and Springfield XDs all function in more or less the same way with similar triggers. Try all three and see which one feels best to you- and try at least one metal-framed hammer-fired semiauto to compare.

Page generated in 0.04264 seconds with 7 queries