View Single Post
Old February 19, 2013, 01:55 AM   #42
44 AMP
Staff

I have both, an accumulation, and a collection....

Over the last few decades I have aquired a number of handguns, some have moved on, most have stayed. You can group them into collections several different ways.

You could do it by caliber, grouping all the same calibers as a collection.
You could group them by general type, semis, DA Revolvers, SA revolvers, etc.
You could group them by historical grouping, such as WW II service handguns, or whatever...

If you are looking for iconic handguns, you have a large field of choice.

Many guns will fit in more than one group, iconic and historic are often together in the same guns. For example, my 9mm collection has historic and iconic handguns. Not all of them, but several.
My 9mms are a Tec 9, a Contender barrel, A C96 Broomhandle Mauser, Bolo, in 9mm, a 1936 P08 Luger, a 42 Walther P.38, and a stainless steel made in the USA new in the box Luger.

Now, my milsurp collection, would be a WW I Webley Mk VI in .455, a Mauser HSc in .32ACP (nazi marked), GI 1911A1 Remington Rand slide, and the Luger and P.38 9mms

I have a few Ruger SAs I guess you could call it a collection, Blackhawks in .45 Colt, .44 mag (superBlkhk), .357 Mag, Vaqueros in .45 Colt (2 SS 4.5"), and a 5.5" Vaquero and Vaquero Bisley. Also a 5.5" New Vaquero, also .45 Colt. And a Super Single Six .22. Also in the SA group would be my .45 Colt Uberti Schoefield.

My DA revolvers are S&Ws M29-2, M28-2 M66, M17, and a Colt Agent. Oh, and the Webley...

I have a couple of Contender frames, and around a dozen barrels. Nobody mentioned them yet, but that single shot handgun is certainly iconic in my book.

My .22 sport pistols are Ruger Mk I target, a Browning Challenger, and a pair of Stoeger .22 Lugers. And a Contender barrel...

So, you can see that there are lots of different ways to go...

I do have one collection I think is unique, and one I don't think you could easily duplicate, as it took me quite some time to get all of them. And that is a collection of all the "first generation" magnum autopistols from the 70s on.
Auto Mag, Desert Eagle, Wildey,LAR Grizzly, and Coonan. Now that sirs, I consider a collection!
What do you think?

Page generated in 0.04469 seconds with 7 queries