View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 08:16 PM   #4
BirchOrr

^^^

I did this a long time ago for the exact same reason. I didn't want to have this for this and that for that, too much confusion!

I convereted every pistol I own to a stainless nipple that took a #11 cap and a very small flash hole. You really want as much energy going out the barrel and as little blow-back as possible. I've heard guys tell here in a different thread, the nipples in their gun were so old and had been fired so many times, it would re-cock the hammer after a shot turning that 6 shooter into a semi-auto!

I have had different tins of caps made by the same company that were incorrect. If this happens, throw them away and save yourself the greif!

It's bad enough loading different size balls into different pistols, (I recently loaded my ROA full of .454 balls instead of .457) what a boob! They did shoot out OK but obviously all over the map. I was amazed I had no ball creep.

Yeah... "just do it". It only gets worse the older you get.

Birch
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...

Page generated in 0.04215 seconds with 7 queries