View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 12:48 PM   #33
Chaz88

Quote:
That was 1994. Nowadays I'm hearing, "well, I got my AR-15, so let the ban come."
I have been trying to get the ones saying that to rethink it. I have been pointing out the newly proposed law in Missouri would require them to turn in, destroy, or remove their banned gun from the state within 90 days. They then point out to me that we are not in that state and it has little chance of passing and being held as constitutional. I agree. But then I point out that they should be outraged that such a thing is even contemplated let alone submitted for consideration as a new law. Some then get it and some shrug and move on.

Quote:
For the most part, gun owners I'm talking to are apathetic and disinvolved. Saddest are the ones who remember the AWB, seem resigned that it will happen, and don't take the trouble to engage in even the most rudimentary civic involvement on the matter.
I can not agree more. I currently have more contact with younger people in our college shooting club. They listen politely to me, the old timer, agree that it is wrong to infringe on the 2nd but will not do anything about it. Some of them vote but so far I have not found one that will send a letter or email to the legislators. They do not seem to think anything can or will happen that will impact them much. I tried to get them and some older people involved in the Guns Across America rally a few weeks ago. One of them said they were afraid they might get in trouble or even shot if they went. The rest had, what I consider, trivial activities that were more important. I had many other pressing matters that needed my attention also but me and my younger daughter went anyway.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.

Page generated in 0.04699 seconds with 7 queries