View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 06:15 AM   #28
Aguila Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc
I think we are reaching a tipping point in favor of gun ownership. Guns are being sold at an alarming rate. I saw a gent the other day at the gun store who had a double barrel antique at home and was looking to buy a pump or semi auto while he still could. These fringe gun buyers are normal every day people who are part of the current frenzy to buy guns and ammo of all kinds. The -- want people to believe only criminal types are buying up all the guns and ammo. They want to put out a cover story to impune the reputation of those who believe in freedom.
This is true, but the problem is such first (or second) time buyers aren't up to speed on the issue, and don't have any recognition of the anti-gunners' long-term plans. These new buyers are drinking the Kool-Aid. They think all they have to do is get in the door and buy their one rifle/pistol/shotgun before the next AWB gets passed and they'll magically be grandfathered forever.

What we need to do ... somehow ... is get through to these people that their new home defense Megablaster X27 is NOT grandfathered forever. It's only safe until the antis choose to ban it. Heck, in New York many people even on the gun forums don't understand that an 8-round 1911 magazine is only grandfathered for one year. I don't know how to get people to wake up and (as the late Ann Landers used to say) smell the coffee.

Note - the post that this responds to, was deleted as it had some problems. So let it go. It is a shame that folks cannot abide by some simple rules. Sigh. - GEM.

Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; February 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.05120 seconds with 7 queries