View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 04:35 AM   #67
NWPilgrim

Not really panic buying but have bought a few things, trying to avoid the most in-demand items and picking up things at mostly normal prices. The closest to panic buying was that I gave away a couple boxes of primers and then discovered a site that actually had them in for less than five dollars over what I normally pay. So I bought 5,000 to replace what went out and add a little more to make the hazmat worthwhile.

Other than that I am upgrading optics, slings and mounts, new bolt rifle and S&W M29 Mountain, so then I had to order more .430" bullets and powder (yes Powder Valley actually has some H110 and Universal in stock). Oh and I wanted to finally get some inventory built up of #1 buckshot and found Cheaper Than Dirt had some for normal prices so picked up 10 boxes of those. I have a family member deploying soon and he wanted some yellow Magpul followers for his AR15 30-rd mags so after extensive searching I found a couple of places with those. It is tough finding stuff but there are a few things out there. Great time to buy 1911 pistols, 44 Mag/.45 Colt revolvers or .270 or 7mm Mag rifles!
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.04275 seconds with 7 queries