View Single Post
Old February 12, 2013, 07:44 PM   #35
Deaf Smith

Amen Nate!

In one CHL class I taught a old geezer had a 3 inch Lew Horten stainless .41 Magnum as his qualification gun. I told him he could use my Glock and that way be able to carry semi-autos as well as revolvers just in case he needed to.

But he said no. He did the whole qualification using Winchester Silvertip .41 magnums! And he was near the top in score.

Later he let me shoot his .41, first one I had ever shot (and still the only .41 I have shot.)

Well let me tell you guys, that old man could take care of himself. He knew that .41 well and aimed strait. Lots of others would get the shakes during qualification but not him.

Both he and his gun 'will do to ride the river'.

I know we all like these snazzy semi-autos and super fast double taps, transitions, speed reloads, and Mozambiques, but they are all rather minor stuff. It's those first few shots that matter the most.

Remember that. If you can't hit well and fast in those first rounds the rest won't matter.

And as Bill Jordan said.... 'Take your time, fast.'

Deaf

Page generated in 0.04331 seconds with 7 queries