Thread: scope for 22
View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 09:28 PM   #23
sholling

Quote:
seems like that simmons prohunter is a good deal for that 2 plus ranking. I'm not putting a pricey one on my marlin 60! It actually shoots fine with the stock 4x20. But i just want to be able to zoom in a bit. Then when I upgrade to a big game rifle, like a .308, I can swap out the scope to that and keep the 4x20 on my 22.
I have an older ProHunter on one of my 10/22s and it's ok but I'd save up and buy a 3 or 4 star scope for your future hunting rifle. I haven't played with any newer Simmons so I can't speak for them. The Mueller APV (~$130) isn't bad either and is popular with new rimfire target shooters but it won't survive the recoil of a 308 and has kinda thick crosshairs. The problem with it is it will look huge on a Model 60. Some people like the inexpensive Simmons 22 Mag 3-9x32 but I have no experience with them. I have used a Weaver RV7 2.5-7x28 rimfire ($140 @ Natchez) and it's a pretty decent rimfire hunting scope.

These are two of mine, the upper (still a work in progress) has an old discontinued 6-24x40 ProHunter for now and the lower is my newest benchrest 10/22 and it has a Weaver V24 6-24x42.

Last edited by sholling; February 10, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.04236 seconds with 7 queries