View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 07:11 PM   #1
BarryLee

What is a Private Sale?

I had a friend tell me today that he believes there is indeed a Gun Show Loophole that needs to be closed. He basically said that a private individual can rent a booth at a gun show to buy, sell and trade with other private individuals and no background check is required.

He claims to have seen the same people at various gun shows around Atlanta and that they move a lot of guns with no background check. He claims these are not private individuals getting rid of a few extra guns, but dealers that avoid obtaining an FFL by dealing in used guns.

So, is it true that there are basically no volume limits on private sales at gun shows and no FFL required? Is my buddy simply mistaken about what he thinks is going on or is he correct that this is indeed allowed?

While I oppose background checks for private sales across a kitchen table this seems like something totally different. What do you guys think?
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.04461 seconds with 7 queries