View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 05:27 PM   #67
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
Huh?

You better have a good lawyer if you're going to take a shot at somebody 100 yards away.
Did you take your silly pill instead of your smart pill this morning. Not all self defense situations happen at 6 feet, there are morons out there called that will shoot at a fellow human being just because they have a screw loose and they can, Ie. Charles Whitman the Texas Tower Sniper, ie, Beltway sniper John Allen Mohammed, ie, Ohio sniper Charles A McCoy, ie, Clackamas shooter Jacob Tyler Roberts.

None were close up and personal and most of us don't walk around with rifles in case some nut case decides to take out a few dozen people to satisfy a sick need. One good long distance pistol shooter in the crowd and the results could have been different and ended the shooting quicker.

I suppose if anybody had shot one of these little darlings you would be first in line to file charges against the 100 yard shooter. After all nobody should shoot somebody from a distance, not even if he shoots at you first. I applaud your keen legal mind and your humanity. I am sure you are a man among men and would find some other way out of the sniper situations with a brilliant ploy that would save you and all the people targeted without resorting to armed violence.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.04703 seconds with 7 queries