Thread: Colt vs Smith
View Single Post
Old February 5, 2013, 07:11 AM   #14
If you look around there are deals to be had. Although with Colts you kind of have to define "deal". I picked up this Python a year and a half ago for $850. Not exactly cheap, but a bargain for a 1964 production gun in 97% condition.
I was thinking in terms of $350-400 when I recomended the Official Police 38 earlier, and it's still a good choice, but HP-06 is right about this. A lot of people get scared off the idea of buying a Python by the $1500-2000.00 price tags on the boxed, perfect guns you see around, but there are still good "deals" to be had on Pythons.

I found this one just a few months ago, October I think, maybe September last year for $800.00. Also made in 1964, it's got some holster wear, and grips are worn from use, but it still locks up and shoots just fine.

So don't rule out a Python off the top. You might have to look hard for one in that price range, and most importantly I think is you have to be ready to strike as soon as you see one. If you don't, someone else will.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Page generated in 0.03176 seconds with 7 queries