February 4, 2013, 12:08 PM
Join Date: December 1, 2009
Location: Stillwater, OKlahoma
Purchased two revolvers new:
- Taurus stainless 6" 970 Tracker in .22 LR.
- Cylinder spun freely out of the box,,,
- Sent to Taurus and received barely turning cylinder.
- Taurus blue 4" 990 Tracker in .22 LR.
- Cylinder would freeze up after a half a box of ammo,,,
- Sent to Taurus and received no improvement.
Purchased a .22-PLY and a 25-PLY new through Buds,,,
- Never had a problem with either of these two guns.
- The .25 doesn't get shot very much,,,
- The .22 is a solid performer.
My statement to people who are considering a Taurus is this:
- Check out the gun very carefully before signing the check,,,
- If you get a good one from their factory it will probably be good forever,,,
- If you get a bad one from the factory it's anyone's guess whether they will ever fix it properly.
That's my experience,,,
Your experience might be different.
Caje: The coward dies a thousand times, the brave only once.
Kirby: That's about all it takes, ain't it?
Combat: "A Silent Cry"
Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)