Nazi history teaches us that arms categorization eventually leads to an all-out ban.
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." - Adolph Hitler
Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)
- Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
- All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
- Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
- Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
- The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
Looks familiar, doesn't it?
If someone says "we're not going to take your guns" as part of the legislation, just reply "YET".
Last edited by pturner67; February 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM.