View Single Post
Old February 2, 2013, 10:23 AM   #19
Theohazard

Quote:
I agree, but it doesn't fit the very category that you described above does it? Because it shoots a pistol round.
The 7.92x33mm Kurz is a rifle round. It's the very sort of intermediate-power rifle round that is fired by an assault rifle, along with rounds like the 7.62x39 and the 5.56x45mm

Quote:
I don't know why you wish to keep up an argument that doesn't really matter anyway. I wanted to clear up a few points that someone mis spoke about, which are common misconceptions of what an AR15 is and you want to jump on me about some media dreamed up name for a rifle that doesn't fit and never has. If you want to go on believing those misconceptions that were dreamed up by the liberal media that is up to you but it doesn't help our cause any as gun owners.
You're obviously a little confused here. "Assault rifle" is a term invented by the Germans to describe the STG-44 and is a clearly-defined category of firearms. The military's M4 definitely fits the definition of "assault rifle".

The AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle.

"Assault weapon" is a made-up term by politicians and the anti-gun media.

Understanding the difference between these two terms will help in future debates with people who support the Assault Weapons Ban. It's always great seeing the look on people's faces when I tell them that assault rifles are already all but illegal and "assault weapons" don't exist.

Page generated in 0.04290 seconds with 7 queries