Thread: Sig or Kimber
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2013, 04:45 PM   #47
dgludwig

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalDefense1911
Out of those two choices I'd say go with the Sig. Better quality control and better small parts then the Kimber at a lower price. The Sigs aren't perfect though. The geometry of the external extractor is off. The EE is positioned too high and does not allow proper contact of the extractor claw on the case rim. This tends to lead to erratic ejection patterns. The gun may still run but the extractor is not optimal.

Yeah. That's so not true.
I agree with Constantine. In my experience with SIG pistols, including the 1911 iteration, the idea that "the geometry of the external extractor is off" has absolutely no merit in a general sense, imo. In a specific sense, I can't argue. Any design could have potential problems in terms of execution on an individual pistol but to categorically claim that the SIG external extractor design is intrinsically deficient flies in the face of reality, at least when it comes to the experience I've had with firing many, many SIG pistols.

Page generated in 0.04841 seconds with 7 queries